Sunday, August 29, 2021

Get a Job!


My community of learners works together to run a successful classroom.  EVERYONE has a job and contributes to our success and safety. I created jobs that I think will match the interests for students ages 9-11 since I teach 4th grade. I explain each job using this presentation: 

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1uoI7oZM1B1CTcD15t2Imv047dfz3UpGm9aQPTMhSf3g/copy

Students fill out a job application choosing the three jobs in which they are most interested.  I switch out jobs every quarter so that everyone has a chance to try out their choices. Students are welcome to have discussions during class meeting if they are having an issue with their job.  Sometimes students ask to switch with each other.  Sometimes a student does not like the job they picked. We talk to solve the problem, but sometimes it boils down to real life that you need to have a growth mindset and stick it out until the next job comes along in the next quarter.


No comments:

Post a Comment