Saturday, January 21, 2012

Dinner Time!

This is an original center activity that I came up with during one of my walks through Dollar Tree. Someone left a pile of paper plates and plastic spoons on the floor in the middle of the aisle. I picked them up to put back on the shelf and this center idea sparked in my head.

Each plate contains a sentence with a missing word or phrase.  Students find a utensil that has a missing word or phrase to complete the sentence.  They put the utensil on the plate.  I use sentences that focus on new vocabulary being learned during Social Studies.  With each new chapter we read in Social Studies, I add in the new vocabulary to the center.  The center contains all of the words for the year so that students can have a spiral review.  I store the plates and utensils in a drying rack so the materials are easy to carry.



No comments:

Post a Comment